What are the types of food grade plastic packaging for daily food safety
PET plastic is often used to manufacture products such as plastic bottles and beverage bottles. People often purchase plastic mineral water bottles and carbonated beverage bottles, which are PET packaging products and belong to food grade safety plastic materials.
2. Safety hazards: PET is only suitable for room temperature or cold drinks, and not for overheated food. If the temperature is too high, the bottle will release toxic substances, which may lead to cancer. If PET bottles are used for too long, they will automatically release toxic substances. Therefore, plastic beverage bottles should be thrown away immediately after use. Don't use them to preserve other foods for too long, as it may affect your health.
2、 Polypropylene PP
Polypropylene (PP) plastic is one of the most common plastics. Plastic packaging that can be made into any product, such as food specific plastic bags, food plastic boxes, food straws, food plastic parts, etc. Safe and non-toxic, with good resistance to low and high temperatures. Polypropylene is the only plastic that can be heated in a microwave oven, with high strength and bending resistance (50000 times). It will not be damaged at minus 20 degrees.
Features: Hardness less than 0PP, stretchable (bi-directional stretching) to form a triangle, bottom sealed or side sealed (letter sealed bag), simple material. The transparency is worse than 0PP.
3、 High density polyethylene (HDPE)
1. HDPE has high usage temperature, good hardness, mechanical strength, and chemical resistance. It is also a non-toxic and safe material commonly used in the manufacturing of plastic food containers. It feels very fragile, so it is often used to make saddle bags.
2. Safety hazard: HDPE is not easy to clean, so recycling is not recommended. It's also best not to heat it in the microwave.
4、 Low density polyethylene (LDPE)
1. Low density polyethylene, soft to the touch. The products made from it are odorless, odorless, non-toxic, and have a dull surface. Commonly used in food plastic parts, food packaging composite films, food preservation films, pharmaceuticals, pharmaceutical plastic packaging, etc.
2. Safety hazard: Low density polyethylene has poor heat resistance and usually undergoes hot melting when the temperature exceeds 110. For example, household food preservation films should not be wrapped in food and heated to prevent the oil in the food from easily dissolving harmful substances in the film.
5、 Polystyrene (PS)
1. Polystyrene is usually used to make bowls of instant noodles, fast food boxes, disposable food packaging boxes, etc. It has good cold resistance and performance.
2. Safety hazards: Polystyrene boxes should not be placed in microwave ovens to prevent the release of toxic substances when the temperature is too high. The acid and alkaline resistance is poor, so it is not suitable for loading acidic food to avoid the decomposition of carcinogen.
1. PC plastic can be used to make sports cups, water bottles, etc. Widely used in the production of plastic containers, it is a safe material.
2. Safety hazards: The residual bisphenol A (harmful substance) in PC releases more and faster at higher temperatures. Therefore, PC water bottles should not be used to hold hot water to avoid increasing the rate and concentration of bisphenol A (if any) release.
PET plastic is often used to manufacture products such as plastic bottles and beverage bottles. People often purchase plastic mineral water bottles and carbonated beverage bottles, which are PET packaging products and belong to food grade safety plastic materials.More